Areas of Special Competence
Frank has extensive experience providing domestic and international tax consulting and compliance services to private as well as public entities located within Texas and Louisiana.
He has consulted with companies doing business in the banking, construction, technology, oil field services, and manufacturing/distribution industries. His experience also includes assisting clients operating in various foreign tax jurisdictions with a variety of international tax issues, such as transfer pricing, global tax minimization, and international organizational structuring. Additionally, he has consulted with companies on a number of complex tax issues related to acquiring and divesting of subsidiaries in order to realign their businesses. During his years in public accounting, he has assisted clients with accounting method changes, flow-through tax planning, IC DISCs, and FAS 109 deferred tax analyses, as well as uniform capitalization issues, IRS examinations, and other tax planning techniques.
While at PKF Texas, Frank has become the outsource solution for international tax services for many offices within PKF North America. Frank's expertise also includes repatriation planning involving foreign holding company structures.
Frank has also worked with a number of foreign companies in structuring their U.S. business operations. In particular, Frank serves a number of clients based in Europe, including those in the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, and the Netherlands.
Frank also chairs quarterly international conference calls for the Leading Edge Alliance.
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Greater Houston Partnership - World Bank Taskforce
- District Export Council
- Houston International Tax Forum
- Australian American Chamber of Commerce
- 2007 International Tax Review:
- Top International Tax Advisor in Houston
- 2010 - PKF NA Manufacturing Niche Conference – International Tax Issues for Manufacturers
- 2010 - Houston International Tax Forum – Hybrid Entity Provisions of the 5th Protocol of the U.S.-Canada Treaty
- Tax Advisor -
- 2007 - "Notice 2007-13 - Loosening the Rules Surrounding Substantial Assistance."
- 2006 - "New Subpart F Lookthrough Rules"
- 2005 - "Revamping the Dual Consolidated Loss Regulations"
- Cleantech Capital Alert -
- 2006 - "AIM offers listing options for fast-growth companies"
- Leading Edge Magazine
- Congress Approves Tax Extenders, More – Volume 7, Issue 2
- Tax Incentives for Exporters Continue after EIE – Volume 7, Issue 1
- London's Alternative Investment Market & U.S. Tax Challenges – Volume 6, Issue 4
Oilfield & Energy Services
CPA, Certified Public Accountant
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
Director - 2005 - Present
Grant Thornton LLP, Houston, TX
1998 - 2005
Louisiana State University
BBA - Accounting
University of Houston
MS - Accounting & Taxation