Chris Hatten, CPA, CVA CM&AA
- What I Do For Clients
- Thought Leadership
Chris has approximately 17 years of public accounting experience. His experience includes audit and financial consulting for publicly owned and privately held businesses. Areas of industry concentration include power generation, oilfield service, midstream energy, hospitality, manufacturing, and software development companies.
His experience also includes assisting publicly owned and private equity groups with mergers and acquisitions, to include the quality of earnings, transaction modelling and associated due diligence procedures.
His SEC reporting experience includes reporting on Form 10K and Form 10Q. He is also in-charge of the firms SSAE 16 engagements.
He provides audit and financial reporting services to clients with international operations including U.S. and foreign-owned companies with multiple subsidiaries and locations.
Chris is also a member of the PKF Texas energy, IFRS and employee benefit plan teams.
- Power Generation
- Energy Services and Transportation
- Computer Software Development
CPA, Certified Public Accountant
CVA, Certified Valuation Analyst
CM&AA, Certified Mergers and Acquisitions Advisor
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
Audit Director, 2014-Present
Audit Senior Manager, 2008-2014
UHY, LLP, Houston, TX
University of Houston – Houston, TX
Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting, 2000
Former United States Marine – Military Police, 1992 - 1996
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Houston Chapter of the Texas Society of CPAs
- Association of Mergers & Acquisitions Advisors
- Katy Economic Development Council
- Rice Business Plan Competition - Official Accountant
- Turnaround Management Association
- "5 things to consider under the new lease accounting standards” – Houston Business Journal, May 2016
- "What you need to know about compilations, reviews and audits to obtain a loan or line of credit” - Houston Business Journal, January 2016
- "Private Company Standards: Not Always a Better Route" Houston Business Journal, March 2015
- "Private Company Decision-Making Framework update" Leading Edge Digital Magazine - Spring 2014
- “IFRS for SMEs: An Update” – Leading Edge Magazine – Summer 2010
- “The Impact of the Impending IFRS Conversion” – Leading Edge Magazine – Winter 2009
- Accounting for Business Interruption Claims – PKF Texas Internal Department Guidance