Director, Practice Growth
- What I Do For Clients
- Thought Leadership
“I believe one woman’s success can only help another woman’s success.” – Gloria Vanderbilt
Karen Love found the accounting marketing world in the mid 90’s, when business development was a word rarely heard in our industry. Operating in the 4th largest city in the US with an environment of entrepreneurship and international flavor, Karen has played a tremendous role in the strategic direction of the firm for the past 15 years, and in 2005, became a director/owner.
Her innovative practice growth strategies and inside-out approach to practicing what she preaches has enabled the professionals at PKF Texas to gain access to strategically key organizations in international Houston. Karen is a strategic advisor to PKF Texas President, Kenneth Guidry on marketplace initiatives. Karen has mentored and blazed the trail for other accounting marketing professionals in her more than 20 years in the industry, and has been recognized as one of Accounting Today’s 100 Most Influential People, a Marketer of the Year by the Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM), and was inducted into the AAM Hall of Fame in 2009. She was named one of the 2011 Women on the Move by the Texas Executive Women and Houston’s 50 Most Influential Women by Houston Woman Magazine.
Her passion for corporate social responsibility began early in her career with her work on the Texas State Board of the American Heart Association, and continues to be an essential element of her leadership. Under her direction, PKF Texas was a founding sponsor of the FastTech 50 award program, the 40 Under 40 award program and the Greater Houston Partnership’s (GHP) Houston Young Professionals Endeavor (HYPE). One of her greatest professional joys is leading the PKF Texas Practice Growth team and mentoring young professionals.
PKF Texas, Houston
Director, Practice Growth – 2000-Present
Director, Business Development – 1995-1999
Lobbied on behalf of the American Heart Association, Austin, TX and Washington D.C.
Chaired Salute to Texas State Legislature, American Heart Association Texas Affiliate, Austin, TX
- Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce –
- Past Chair, Board of Directors
- 2014 Gala Honorary Chair
- Greater Houston Partnership –
- Executive Women’s Partnership Steering Committee, 2014 Chair
- Opportunity Houston Steering Committee
- Soiree Advisory Committee
- Brand/Image Committee
- Member Engagement Committee
- Rotary Lombardi Award – Executive Committee
- Center For Houston's Future - Communications Committee
- Linda Lorelle Scholarship Fund - Advisory Board
- Texas Executive Women, Member
- Houston Technology Center – Advisory Board
- Rice Alliance – Advisory Board, Host Committee Rice Business Plan Competition
- American Marketing Association, Member
- Association for Accounting Marketing – Member 1995/96 – Present
- Greater Houston Partnership – Professional Services Chair, Business Development Chair, Advocates Committee Chair, World Trade Soiree Working Chair, Business Leadership Council Steering Committee, Member Advisory Services Committee
- Greater Houston Women's Chamber of Commerce -
- Thought Leaders Committee - 2011
- Co-Chair, Greater Houston Women's Conference - 2012
- Goodwill Industries – Board of Trustees
- BioHouston - Advisory Board
- Texas Executive Women – 2012 Women on the Move Luncheon Committee
- MIT Enterprise Forum – Board of Directors
- American Heart Association – Texas Affiliate State Board
- Houston Technology Center – Service Provider Network Chair
- The Council on Alcohol and Drugs Houston – Advisory Board
- City of Houston Mayor's International Affairs & Development Council (MIADC) – Canada
- PKF North America – Super Marketers, Women in Leadership Taskforce
- Houstonian Hotel Club & Spa – Member Advisory Board – 2010, 2011
- Association for Accounting Marketing – National Board member – 2004-2006
- American Leadership Forum Class XXXV - Graduate and Fellow
- 2016-2017 MAKERS@ Awardee
- Greater Houston Women's Chamber of Commerce - Breakthrough Woman - 2016
- Greater Houston Women's Chamber of Commerce - Volunteer of the Year - 2012
- Texas Executive Woman - Women on the Move - 2011
- Houston Woman Magazine - 50 Most Influential Women in Houston - 2010
- Leading Edge Alliance - Innovation Award – 2003-2006, 2009-2010, 2012-2014
- Association for Accounting Marketing -
- Hall of Fame Inductee - 2009
- Marketing Achievement Award – 2001-2004, 2006-2008
- CPA Marketing Report Marketer of the Year – 2002
- American Marketing Association - Crystal Award – 2001-2008, 2011
- Public Relations Society of America -
- Excalibur Award – 2002-2008, 2011
- Grand Excalibur - 2007
- Communications Team of the Year - 2007
- Practical Accountant - Practice Innovation Award – 2001-2008
- International Association of Business Communicators -
- Gold Quill - 2008
- Bronze Quill Award – 2001-2005
- Texas Public Relations Association -
- Silver Spur Award - 2011
- Best of Texas Award – 2007
- American Heart Association - Distinguished Service Award - 2003
- Accounting Today - Top 100 Most Influential People - 2002
- Leading Edge Alliance
- Woman’s Leadership Development SIG, Facilitator
- Accessing Women's Buying Power as a Business Development Tool
- "PKF Texas Cubesters® Present the YP Voice" – Moderator
- "Founding, Sponsoring, Writing Awards"
- "Going Global"
- Houston Business Journal - Mentoring Monday, mentor
- National Business Development Council - "The Business of Giving Back" - Panelist
- PKF North America Firm Management Conference - "Business Development" – Panelist
- Greater Houston Women's Chamber of Commerce
- "Creating a Sustainable Brand for Your Business and Yourself" – Panelist
- "Power Conversations with Young Professionals" - Moderator
- Winning is Everything Conference - "Bringing Back the Art of Bringing in Business" – Panelist
- Association for Accounting Marketing
- "Come Out On Top: How to Rise in a Downturn" – Panelist
- "Lessons from Leaders: Ideas to Act on Today"
- PKF International - "Going Global"
- PKF University - "Work the Pond"
- IABC/PRSA, Houston - "The Insider's Guide to Internal & External Marketing"
- International Association of Business Communicators, Houston - "Brand Called You"
- “Too many meetings? Make sure they’re all worthwhile, or call them off” – Quoted, Houston Chronicle"
- Women as Relationship-Builders: Access Their Influence" - Growth Strategies, Association for Accounting Marketing and Leading Edge Magazine
- Co-authored the Corporate Social Responsibility chapter in the AICPA book, Bulls-Eye! The Ultimate How-To Marketing & Sales Guide for CPAs
- Co-Host & Founder - PKF Texas - The Entrepreneur's Playbook®
- Legal Marketing Association - Think Tank Series