Michael W. Veuleman, CPA
Director and Audit Practice Leader
- What I Do For Clients
- Thought Leadership
Michael Veuleman recently was named the Audit Practice Leader and is a member of the firm’s management committee. He oversees all functions of the audit department including the teams focused on fraud and forensics, internal and external audits, SEC reporting, etc.
Michael’s background includes audit, review, due diligence and financial consulting for privately-held and private-equity backed businesses in a broad range of industries including manufacturing, distribution, oilfield services, construction, professional services, commercial real estate and city and country clubs.
His focus also includes audit and financial reporting services to clients with international operations including U.S. and foreign-owned companies with multiple subsidiaries and locations.
He is also on the employee benefit plan team which focuses on financial audit and reporting for employee benefit plans including defined contribution, defined benefit, and health and welfare plans.
Thought Leader Publications:
- 2017 Manufacturing Outlook and Insights Survey - With more than 250 participants, this survey report contains the expectations and opinions of manufacturing executives in more than 20 states across the country producing a wide variety of products including industrial/machining, transportation/automotive, construction, food and beverage, and other products. If you have questions regarding the results or nature of this survey, please contact us.
- Energy & Oilfield Services
- Professional Services
- Commercial Real Estate
- Real Estate Development
- Employee Benefit Plans
CPA, Certified Public Accountant
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX, 1998 - Present
Audit Practice Leader, 2018- Present
Director, 2007 – Present
Senior Manager, 2003 - 2007
Cavett, Turner & Wyble, L.L.P., Beaumont, TX
June 1993- May 1998
Lamar University, Lamar, TX
BBA – Accounting, 1993
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Houston Chapter of Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Baylor University Accounting Advisory Board
- East End Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Houston Manufacturers Association - Treasurer
- Commercial Finance Association
- Greater Houston Port Bureau
- “Employee Benefit Plans: Operations, Liabilities and Protections” – Houston Business Journal, January 5, 2015
- “Risk and oversight of employee benefit plans” – Leading Edge Magazine – Winter 2010
Video Series – PKF Texas – The Entrepreneur’s Playbook®:
- Employee Benefit Audit Plans: Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Employee Benefit Audit Plans: Fiduciary Liabilities