Sonia M. Freeman, CPA
Director & Practice Leader, Audit
- What I Do For Clients
- Thought Leadership
Sonia Freeman is the Audit Practice Leader and is a member of the firm’s management committee. She oversees all functions of the audit department including the teams focused on fraud and forensics, internal and external audits, SEC reporting, etc.
Sonia’s background includes audit, review and compilation services for publicly-owned, private equity backed and privately-held businesses. Her areas of concentration include wholesale and retail distribution, light manufacturing, energy services, agribusiness, technology and employee benefit plans.
She also has financial audit and reporting experience for employee benefit plans include defined contribution, defined benefit, and health and welfare plans.
Sonia’s experience with SEC reporting matters includes annual and quarterly Form 10-K and Form 10-Q filings.
- Energy & Oilfield Services
- Employee Benefit Plans
CPA, Certified Public Accountant, 1985
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
University of Houston, Clear Lake, TX
Bachelor of Science Accounting, 1983
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Greater Houston Partnership - Executive Women’s Partnership
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants – Houston Chapter
- Women’s Presidents Organization – Houston Chapter
- Women's Finance Exchange - Past President and Treasurer
- CPA All-Star, CPA Magazine, 2003
- Lecturer - PKF National Continuing Professional Education Program
- Lecturer – PKF University
- “Employee Benefit Plans: Operations, Liabilities and Protections” – Houston Business Journal, January 5, 2015
- "Generational Viewpoints” – AccountingToday, May 2013
- “Risk and oversight of employee benefit plans” – Leading Edge Magazine – Winter 2010
- “Small businesses break free of ‘border’ mentality and grow globally" – quoted – Leading Edge Magazine – Spring 2005
Video Series – PKF Texas – The Entrepreneur’s Playbook®:
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits: Correcting Operational Mistakes
- 401K Plans and Reducing Operational Mistakes