Director, Practice Growth
"PKF Texas has made a point to practice corporate social responsibility. We believe one person's success can only help another person's success."
Areas of Special Competence
Karen Love found the accounting marketing world in the mid 90’s, when business development was a word rarely heard in our industry. Operating in the 4th largest city in the US with an environment of entrepreneurship and international flavor, Karen has played a tremendous role in the strategic direction of the firm for the past 11 years, and in 2005, became a director/owner. Her innovative practice growth strategies and inside-out approach to practicing what she preaches has enabled the professionals at PKF Texas to infiltrate strategically key organizations in international Houston. Karen is a strategic advisor to PKF Texas President, Kenneth Guidry on marketplace initiatives. Karen has mentored and blazed the trail for other accounting marketing professionals in her more than 16 years in the industry, and has been recognized as one of Accounting Today’s 100 Most Influential People, a Marketer of the Year by the Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM), and was inducted into the AAM Hall of Fame in 2009. She was recently named one of the 2011 Women on the Move by the Texas Executive Women and Houston’s 50 Most Influential Women by Houston Woman Magazine. Her passion for corporate social responsibility began early in her career with her work on the Texas State Board of the American Heart Association, and continues to be an essential element of her leadership at PKF Texas. Under her direction, PKF Texas was a founding sponsor of the FastTech 50 award program, the 40 Under 40 award program and the Greater Houston Partnership’s (GHP) Houston Young Professionals Endeavor (HYPE). One of her greatest professional joys is leading the PKF Texas Practice Growth team.
- Houston Technology Center - Advisory Board
- Greater Houston Partnership - Opportunity Houston Steering Committee, Executive Women's Partnership Steering Committee (liaison with GHP), World Trade Soirée Committee - Strategic Advisor, Business Leadership Council Steering Committee, Member Advisory Services Committee
- Houston Angel Network
- Rice Alliance - Advisory Board, Host Committee for Rice Business Plan Competition
- American Marketing Association
- Association for Accounting Marketing - Member, 1995/96 - Present, National Board, 2004-2006
- City of Houston Mayor's International Affairs & Development Council (MIADC) – Canada Council
- Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa - Member Advisory Board, 2010, 2011
- BioHouston - Advisory Board, Chili Cook-off committee - 2011
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Greater Houston Women's Chamber of Commerce - Board of Directors, Thought Leaders Committee - 2011; Co-Chair, Greater Houston Women's Conference - 2012
- Texas Executive Woman - Women on the Move - 2011
- Houston Woman Magazine - 50 Most Influential Women in Houston - 2010
- Leading Edge Alliance -
- Innovation Award – 2003-2006, 2009-2010
- Association for Accounting Marketing -
- Hall of Fame Inductee - 2009
- Marketing Achievement Award – 2001-2004, 2006-2008
- American Marketing Association -
- Crystal Award – 2001-2008, 2011
- Public Relations Society of America -
- Excalibur Award – 2002-2008, 2011
- Grand Excalibur - 2007
- Communications Team of the Year - 2007
- Practical Accountant -
- Practice Innovation Award – 2001-2008
- International Association of Business Communicators -
- Gold Quill - 2008
- Bronze Quill Award – 2001-2005
- Texas Public Relations Association -
- Silver Spur Award - 2011
- Best of Texas Award – 2007
- American Heart Association - Distinguished Service Award - 2003
- CPA Marketing Report/Association for Accounting Marketing -
- Marketer of the Year – 2002
- Accounting Today -
- Top 100 Most Influential People - 2002
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
Director, Practice Growth
TravisWolff, Dallas, TX
Director, Business Development
Lobbied on behalf of the American Heart Association in Austin, TX and
Chaired Salute to Texas State
Legislature, American Heart Association Texas Affiliate, Austin, TX
Co-authored the Corporate Social Responsibility chapter in the AICPA book, Bulls-Eye! The Ultimate How-To Marketing & Sales Guide for CPAs
- Greater Houston Partnership -Professional Services Chair, Business Development Chair, World Trade Soiree Working Chair 2009 & 2010, Advocates Committee Chair
- Goodwill Industries - Board of Trustees
- MIT Enterprise Forum - Board of Directors
- American Heart Association - Texas Affiliate State Board
- Houston Technology Center - Service Provider Network Chair
- The Council on Drugs and Alcohol Houston - Advisory Board
- PKF North America Firm Management Conference - Panelist - "Business Development"
- Great Houston Women's Chamber of Commerce - Panelist - "Creating a Sustainable Brand for Your Business and Yourself"; Moderator - "Power Conversations with Young Professionals"
- Winning is Everything Conference - Panelist - Bringing Back the Art of Bringing in Business"
- Association for Accounting Marketing, Conference Austin, 2009 – Panelist - "Come Out On Top – How to Rise in a Downturn"
- Leading Edge Alliance, 2008 - Moderator - "PKF Texas Cubesters® Present the YP Voice"
- IABC/PRSA, Houston, 2008 -"The Insider's Guide to Internal & External Marketing"
- International Association of Business Communicators, Houston, 2007 - "Brand Called You"
- PKF University, Houston, 2007 -"Work the Pond"
- Leading Edge Conference, Rome, 2007 - "Founding, Sponsoring, Writing Awards"
- Leading Edge Conference, Dublin, 2006 - "Going Global"
- PKF International, Chicago, 2005 - "Going Global"
- Association for Accounting Marketing Conference, Las Vegas, 2005 - "Lessons from Leaders: Ideas to Act on Today"