PKF Texas’ experience with the not-for-profit sector includes providing audit, tax, and consulting services for numerous not-for-profit entities, relating to tax issues, technical accounting issues, software setup, guidance on proper grant tracking, and more. In performing these services we are able to see into the operations of many organizations and advise them on operational efficiencies and governance issues and share best practices.
We work with 501 c(3), (4), (5), and (6) entities including professional associations, private foundations, professional organizations and more.
With an understanding that not-for-profit entities have unique needs, we care about the heart and soul of your organization, which is why we are dedicated to co-creating an experience that allows you to focus on what matters most to you.
Thought Leader Publications:
- Form 990 for Tax Exempt Organizations: Common Pitfalls
- Helpful Tips for Not-for-Profits Filling Out Form 990
- Common Questions About Registering a Not-for-Profit in Multiple States
- How to Create a Continuity Plan That Works for Your Not-for-Profit
- Tips for Solving Cash Flow Problems Within Your Not-for-Profit
- Benefit Your Employees and Your Not-for-Profit by Cross-Training
- Expand Your Not-for-Profits Reach with Social Listening
- The Dos and Don'ts of Not-for-Profit Program Development
- Understand Your Not-for-Profit Board's Fiduciary Duty
- Helpful Tax Tips for Not-for-Profit Fundraisers
- What Factors Motivate Your Not-for-Profit Donors?
- How to Determine if a Nonprofit's Activity Can Be Taxed Under UBI Rules
- Five Governance Practices All Nonprofit Boards Should Follow
- Prevent Fraud in Your Not-for-Profit Sports League
- Five Tips on Succession Planning for Not-for-Profits
- A Guide for Nonprofits and Loan Borrowing
- Three Things Your Nonprofit's Board Needs to Know
- Insurance Options for Nonprofit Fundraising Events
- Nonprofits Should Excess Benefit Transactions...Here's Why
- When Does Your Nonprofit Owe UBIT on Investment Income?
- Nonprofits: Harness the Power of the Personal Appeal
- The Complexities of Collaboration Between Nonprofit Organizations
- Eight Disruptive Behaviors That May Be Holding Your Nonprofit Board Back
- Create a Nonprofit Executive Search Plan to Stay Prepared for Future Hiring
- How to Avoid Investment Fraud in Your Nonprofit
- Tips for Making "Tax Smart" Donations During Disaster Events
Contact Our Not-for-Profit Team Leaders
It will be our pleasure to answer any questions you may have about our capabilities. Please contact us to schedule a time to meet to discuss how we can best serve your needs.