For Women Executives
Championing women isn't about turning everything pink. To us it's about creating a conversation and a culture around spotlighting the tangibles and intangibles women like you bring to the C-Suite. Women provide a unique perspective on client pursuits and engagements, relationship building and solution finding. We care about what our clients care about and we support what helps Texas businesses to grow.
- Texas is in the top 5 states with the fastest growth in the # of women-owned firms during the past 15 years with 75% growth.1
- Houston is the #3 metro area with the highest combined economic clout (includes #of firms, revenue and employment).1
- Women account for $7 trillion in consumer and business spending, according to GirlPowerMarketing.com, so it makes sense for professional service firms to mirror this immense buying power within their corporate structure.
- As one moves up in an organization, the skills required are human capital- and relationship based, more than technically based. Having a deep pool of female candidates in succession for senior roles can aid in better decisions, collaboration and high performance.
Clients want to know their CPA firm is looking out for them, with connections and resources that add value to the relationship. What are we doing to support women?
- We've developed a culture in our firm of supporting and promoting women though our flexible workplace environment, attention to gender diversity thoughout our various internal taskforces and other Best Places to Work policies.
- Our services address what women executives tell us are concerns for their business. Whether your biggest challenges are growth, transition, access to capital or process improvement, we have a particular set of skills to listen to you and work hard for you.
To that end, we support and interact with organizations focused on initiatives to highlight and develop more accomplished women like you.
- Executive Women's Partnership - The EWP brings together senior executive women to become more involved in supporting the strategic goals and objectives of GHP and to form close relationships while continuing to grow, both professionally and personally.
- Greater Houston Women's Chamber of Commerce - A nonprofit business organization of highly influential and diverse women and men dedicated to the advancement and empowerment of women through avenues of leadership, education, advocacy and mentoring.
- Women's Business Alliance - Experience counts. The Women’s Business Alliance offers a wide range of professional development programs focused on empowering high-performing women to leverage career advancement opportunities.
- Women's Finance Exchange - The mission is to develop professional women working in financial areas by providing networking and learning opportunities in a relationship-driven environment.
1 "The 2013 State of Women-Owned Businesses Report" - American Express OPEN