Annjeanette Yglesias, CPA
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
A Houston-based firm of CPAs and professional advisors co-developing solutions with our clients at every stage of the business life cycle.
Annjeanette’s experience includes tax compliance and consulting for individuals, estates, trusts, closely held businesses and investment and family partnerships.
Annjeanette also has extensive experience working with tax-exempt organizations, providing tax compliance services, as well as ongoing advisory services to ensure organizations retain their tax-exempt status.
- High Net-Worth Individuals
- Privately Held Businesses
- Family and Investment Partnerships
CPA, Certified Public Accountant
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
Manager, Tax, 2015 – Present
Whitley Penn, Houston, TX
Manager, Tax, 2013 – 2015
Fitts Roberts & Co., Houston, TX
Manager, Tax, 2006 – 2013
University of St. Thomas, Houston, TX
Master of Science - Accounting
Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSPCA)
- Houston Chapter of the TSCPA
- Houston Humane Society, Volunteer
- Tzu Zoo Rescue, Volunteer
- Texas Humane Legislation Network, Member/Volunteer
- Rotary Club of the Galleria Area, Past Treasurer & Board Member
- Class XXXVI Graduate – United Way Project Blueprint, 2018
- 40 Under 40 - Houston Business Journal, 2010
- "Family philanthropy: Tips on private foundation vs. donor advised fund" - Houston Business Journal, October 2018
- “Tips for Making 'Tax Smart' Donations During Disaster Events” – The CPA Desk, September 2017
- “How to Determine if a Nonprofit’s Activity Can Be Taxed Under UBI Rules” – Houston Business Journal, July 2017
- “Form 990 for Tax-Exempt Organizations: Common Pitfalls” - Leading Edge Digital Magazine, Winter 2016
Why did you choose to be a CPA and/or advisor?
I chose to be a CPA, because I like the structure of accounting. I chose to enter public accounting, because I wanted to help a broad range of people and get varied experience. One day is not like the next, and I like that variety.
What do you like best about helping clients?
I work with individuals, closely held businesses and not-for-profit clients. I like knowing that I'm making a direct impact and helping people be successful.
What energizes you about your job?
I enjoy the sense of accomplishment - whether it's completing a project or attending a productive meeting with a client. The best part of my job is meeting people, discussing their plans and goals and helping achieve them.
What energizes you about working at PKF Texas?
I enjoy being part of a successful team that works so well together. I like how team members of all levels collaborate to service clients in the best way possible.
Why are you passionate about serving this niche?
I'm passionate about not-for-profit clients, because it's rewarding to be a part of each organization's mission. Not-for-profits serve such an important role in the community and the economy, and I love being able to use my CPA skills to help them succeed.
Where are you from?
Angleton, Texas (Brazoria County)
What do you do in your spare time?
I enjoy spending time with family, friends and my dogs. I also spend time volunteering at animal shelters and with various rescue groups. I also enjoy watching documentaries (any subject).
What's your favorite season?
My favorite season is Fall, because the weather is not too hot and spending time outside is tolerable.
What's your favorite sport to follow?
I like the Summer Olympics, specifically swimming and gymnastics.
Do you own any pets?
I have three dogs of my own - two Shih Tzus and one Maltese. Also, at any given time, I usually have one or two foster dogs.
What kind of music do you like?
I like any song that is catchy, has a good meaning or is instrumentally impressive. I have a variety of songs on my playlist - jazz, pop, classical, hip-hop, Latin.
What is your favorite book/author? Or What are you reading right now?
I'm not much of a reader. I'd rather watch documentaries.
What is your most prized possession?
The items my grandma knit or crocheted for me - doll dresses, bookmarks, scarf.
- Keith Bateman, CPA
- Graham Brooks, CPA
- Chris Dodd, CPA
- Jen Edmiston, CPA
- Mandi Fields, CPA, PHR, SHRM-CP
- Valerie Frey, CPA
- Mark Goode, Jr., CPA
- Renee Kroesch, CPA
- Olga LaBrie, JD, LLM
- Amir Mirab, CPA
- Douglas Parker, CPA
- Emily Phillips, CPA
- Miriam Rouziek, CPA
- Alicia Welshimer, CPA
- Annjeanette Yglesias, CPA