Audit Senior Associate
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
- Why Choose PKF Texas?
- Interns & Recent Grads
- Experienced Professionals
- Current Openings
General Job Description
PKF Texas is actively seeking an Audit Senior Associate to serve on a variety of audit engagement teams. The Audit Senior Associate must be able to handle more complex assignments than the Associate, begin to learn the complete process of managing all tasks regarding audit client work, and take a lead role in developing/reviewing the work of less experienced staff. The Senior Associate is the bridge between the staff, who are executing the client service-related tasks, and the management, who are strategizing and overseeing successful completion of efficient engagement activity and top-quality client service. PKF Texas offers a diversified experience in public accounting and provides our employees with opportunities to grow, develop and advance within their careers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate and lead all phases of an audit, including planning, control analysis and testing, substantive procedures, as well as identifying and assisting clients with issues and reporting.
- Preparation and review of financial statements, workpapers, audit programs, etc.
- Reviews work of less experienced staff and shares knowledge to develop staff technical skills.
- Assists management in planning and managing engagement activity and follows through to achieve results.
- Recognizes complex technical issues, evaluates facts efficiently, and uses strategic decision-making skills to assist management in solving problems.
- Appropriately manages risk and ensures quality control procedures are being executed.
- Ensures top quality client service and communicates with clients on a consistent basis to maintain a smooth working relationship.
- Identify and resolve client/team issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain active communication with engagement team and clients to manage expectations, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all technical aspects of the job, including related knowledge of necessary systems and procedures.
- Follow regulations and professional ethics of state bodies appropriate to discipline, including AICPA.
- Keep current on all professional pronouncements.
- Is conscious of and works to achieve personal and departmental goals as determined by Practice Leader.
- Responds timely and accurately to internal team and client requests.
- Works effectively within given budgetary parameters; assists associates in prioritizing and managing their workload. Approaches projects with a sense of urgency and is completion oriented.
- Seeks new ideas and better ways of accomplishing job and company goals.
- Understands that time may be spent in both the Firm’s offices and/or the client’s premises. Additionally, client service activity may not always be predictable, and may be subject to immediate change or on-call requests with very short notice. Travel may be frequent and unpredictable, depending on client’s needs, and may include domestic and/or international travel.
- Provide staff with leadership, counseling and career guidance.
- Participate in mentoring, training, recruiting, retention and team-building activities.
- Present internal and external training and seminars on technical issues.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- CPA license preferred. At a minimum, candidates must be CPA eligible and working on the exam.
- Public accounting or other professional services experience preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and auditing standards. Familiarity with audit procedures and the ability to distinguish between material and immaterial items.
- Employee benefit plan experience a plus.
- Must maintain required CPE credits annually.
- Ability to effectively use Prosystem Fx Engagement and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to organize work and projects, multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner. The volume of work during busy seasons is typically higher than at other times of the year.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to apply understanding to carry out and to give instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to travel to client sites as needed.