- This event has passed.
NACD – Board Governance in a Ransomware Attack Tabletop Exercise
July 15, 2021 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Join the Chamber for its annual event celebrating many of Houston’s leading executive women and men and entrepreneurs in STEAM
Ransomware has dominated the headlines recently, essentially becoming “the other pandemic.” Meat processor JBS recently confirmed it paid $11 million to resolve a ransomware attack and a separate attack on Colonial Pipeline resulted in fuel shortages on the East Coast before the company paid more than $4 million to attackers. Is your organization prepared? Does your Board know what to ask of management when confronted with an incident?
Join the National Association for Corporate Directors for a simulated tabletop crisis exercise, featuring leading cyber experts from the legal, insurance and strategic communications fields. The exercise will pose a real-life cyber incident scenario starting from the time a company discovers an issue.
The speakers are:
- Moderator Kelly Kimberly, Managing Director, Sard Verbinnen; Director, JDRF Houston Gulf Coast Chapter
- Tim Smit, VP, Global Policy & Cyber Risk Consulting Leader, Lockton
- Bill Boeck, SVP, Insurance & Claims Cousel, Lockton
- Michelle Reed, Partner, Akin Gump
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Program
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Breakout session
Attendees will receive 1 collaborative credit.
Questions? 832-369-7110 | firstname.lastname@example.org