- This event has passed.
The AAM DEI Toolkit – Association for Accounting Marketing
March 17 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM) is hosting a training session on a toolkit developed by the AAM DEI Committee specifically for accounting marketers. This training is for AAM members only. Regardless of what stage your firm is at right now, the toolkit outlines helpful strategies to get started on creating a DEI program or re-energizing a stalled effort. The toolkit explores topics, such as building the business case for DEI, organizational structure, and the use of external resources, among others.
Top of mind for all marketers is that no firm has been left unscathed by the Great Resignation. A consistent and effective DEI program could be the key to supporting a firm culture that attracts and retains top talent during this time of uncertainty. Marketers have a great deal to offer in this area, and many have already joined forces with human resources and recruiting to help market their firms to candidates.
The panel discussion features insights from:
- Carol Carlile, Managing Director of Marketing and Practice Development, HCVT
- Kristen Lewis, Managing Director of Marketing, EisnerAmper
- Allie Donahue, Marketing Manager, Bennett Thrasher
This training will discuss how one might use the toolkit depending on your firm’s DEI progress. The panelists will explore three possible turning points:
- Exploring – The firm in the exploring stage may or may not have leadership buy-in. Nothing formal has been completed. It could be a formal assignment or informal, but at least one person in firm leadership, HR or a marketer leads the charge to research and make recommendations.
- Launched/Launching – Your team is in the process of drafting an engagement survey or has already compiled the results. DEI training has been completed. Individual actions are not tied together, and communication has been bumpy.
- Adapting – Your firm has a plan and is progressing. Now it’s time to evaluate. Perhaps your firm has made some changes to recruiting practices or benefits packages with input from the DEI team. A cross-functional committee meets regularly to discuss developing issues.
Cost: Members OnlyRegister Now