Kenneth Guidry, CPA
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
A Houston-based firm of CPAs and professional advisors co-developing solutions with our clients at every stage of the business life cycle.
Audit and financial consulting to publicly owned, private equity-backed and privately held businesses in a broad range of industries, including oil and gas service companies, oilfield equipment manufacturing and fabricating, construction, engineering and architectural service, entertainment, hotels and hotel management companies, clubs, food service operations, leasing, importing and wholesale distribution, telecommunications and technology companies and software development companies.
SEC reporting experience includes initial public registrations and secondary debt and equity filings, annual and quarterly compliance filings (Form 10-K and Form 10-Q, etc.). Additional experience includes assisting with reverse merger transactions, private placement filings for debt and equity securities and transaction services for buyers and sellers, including transaction structuring and due diligence investigations.
- Real Estate
- Energy & Oilfield Services
CPA, Certified Public Accountant - Texas, California, Louisiana
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
Director and Founding Shareholder, 2018 - Present
President, 2004 - 2017
Audit Practice Leader and Chief Operating Officer, 1992 - 2004
Audit Director, 1982 - 1992
Ernst & Young, Houston, TX
Audit Manager, 1977 - 1982
University of Houston, Houston, TX
Bachelor of Arts - Accounting, 1977
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- University of Houston
- Bauer College Board, Bauer College Department of Accounting & Taxation Advisory Board – Founding member and past Chairman
- Greater Houston Partnership
- Board of Directors
- Executive Committee
- Audit Committee Chairman
- National Association of Corporate Directors – Houston Chapter, Board of Advisors
- Center for Houston’s Future Leadership Forum Graduate, Spring 2011
- Center for Houston's Future Board of Directors, 2018
- American Leadership Forum – Class XXXVII Senior Fellow
- PKF North America - Board of Directors, past Chairman
- PKF International - Board of Directors
- 2016, 2017 Houston Business Journal C-Suite Finalist, Outstanding CEO
- 2012 Accounting Today Managing Partner Elite
- 2011 University of Houston C.T. Bauer College of Business Outstanding Alumni
- 2007 CPA Magazine Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners
- 2004 Leading Edge Alliance Innovative Leader of the Year
- 2014 – Greater Houston Partnership - Thought Leader Series Houston’s Middle Market – Breaking Out: Strategies for Game Changing Performance
- 2012 – University of Houston – “Executive Professor of the Day” Abaco International Leadership Series for the MBA program
- 2011 – Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce – “The Male Perspective on Women in Business in 2011” – panelist
- 2010 – University of Houston – Guest Speaker at Executive MBA Leadership Circle for the Bauer College
- “Hurricane of a Season: Business Continuity Planning Key to Up-Time Survival” – Leading Edge – Spring 2009
- “Volunteer Outreach Provides Benefits to Community & PKF Texas” – Leading Edge – Spring 2005
Video Podcasts – PKF Texas – The Entrepreneur’s Playbook®
- Making Sense of Big Data
- Corporate Culture Impacts Clients
- Accountants and Business – The Effect of Talent
Why did you choose to be a CPA and/or advisor?
I didn't have much of a frame of reference at 18 years old! I knew I wanted to be a "business person," and if so, I knew I would need to understand accounting and financial reporting. I had no idea at the time what a career in public accounting would offer me.
What do you like best about helping clients?
Whether I am helping internal or external clients, I get great satisfaction from coaching, consulting and mentoring to help make a difference in their lives.
What energizes you about your job?
I get to meet great people in my role as President. Whether they may be other Houston business leaders, prospective team members, prospective clients or friends of the firm who have helped us build our business along the way, I enjoy being in and part of our Houston business community.
What energizes you about working at PKF Texas?
The opportunity to help people improve themselves in some small way that contributes to their personal and professional/business success.
Where are you from?
Port Arthur, Texas
What do you do in your spare time?
Sports, music, traveling, reading and spending time with Lisa and our boys!
What's your favorite season?
I particularly enjoy the "season" from October through April in Houston. Not too hot, or too cold!
What's your favorite sport to follow?
Basketball is the favorite sport in our family.
Do you own any pets?
Not presently. I do have two granddogs that visit regularly.
What kind of music do you like?
Live music of any kind! I am all over the map and enjoy a wide variety. Favorites are rock & roll, blues and Texas singer/songwriters in small venues.
What's your favorite vacation destination?
A beach anywhere.
I don't see many movies.
Who was/is the most influential person in your life?
Initially my mom. She was my inspiration and role model. Lisa has also been extremely influential in my life. She has been my biggest fan and supporter.
What is your most-prized possession?
I am more of an experience guy than a thing guy.
What’s something cool we don’t know about you?
I am as boring as I appear to be.
- Brian Baumler, CPA
- Rafael Carsalade, CPA
- Martin Euson, JD
- Sonia Freeman, CPA, CGMA
- Matthew Goldston, CPA, CM&AA, CVA
- Annabella Green, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, AAAPM
- Kenneth Guidry, CPA
- Chris Hatten, CPA, CM&AA, CVA
- Byron Hebert, CPA, CTP
- Nikki Homratsamy, CPA
- Ryan Istre, CPA
- Frank Landreneau, CPA
- Marty Lindle, CPA
- Chip Schweiger, CPA, CGMA
- Jim Streets, CPA
- Danielle Supkis Cheek, CPA, CFE, CVA
- Michael Veuleman, CPA
- Gary Voth, CPA, JD
- J. Del Walker, CPA