Kristin Ryan, CPA
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
A Houston-based firm of CPAs and professional advisors co-developing solutions with our clients at every stage of the business life cycle.
Kristin leads the employee benefit plan audit and advisory practice with growth-minded efforts and has extensive experience in employee benefit plan audits, including primarily 401(k) and Pension plans. She has extensive experience with external audit of financial statements in various industries for both public and privately held companies, including high profile clients. Her experience includes preparing GAAP and IFRS financial statements, including extensive note disclosure research and preparation, as well as internal controls and process evaluation.
Kristin has developed quality relationships with clients, as well as her team members. She has been heavily involved with recruiting for PKF Texas and various other firm initiatives, including involvement with the firm’s advisory and journalism committees and charity efforts. Over the past several years she has also been dedicated to training and developing staff at PKF Texas and spearheading efforts in Audit training and coaching programs.
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Energy and Oilfield Services
- Private Equity
- Professional Services
- Financial Services
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
Senior Manager, 2017 – Present
University of Houston, Houston, TX
Bachelor of Business Administration - Accountancy
Master of Science - Accountancy
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Greater Houston Partnership Women's Business Alliance - Member
- "Back to School for Businesses" - Cozen O'Connor, August 2020
- “Employee Benefit Plan Audits Update” - CPEA Webcast, June 2020
- “Retirement Plans: Navigating Recent Law Changes & Using Them to Your Advantage” - Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., June 2020
- "Benefit Plans - Operational and Compliance Lessons Learned from the Audit Trenches" - TXCPA Houston Spring Accounting Expo, May 2020
- "Employee Benefit Plan Risk Assessment and the CARES Act" - 6th Annual Audits of Employee Benefit Plans Conference, TXCPA, May 2020
- "Engaging and Communicating with Your Employees" - Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., February 2020
- “Employee Health & Wellness: Using Data Analytics to Improve Employee Engagement, Productivity and Reduce Costs” - Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., September 2019
- “Benefit Plans – Hear from the Advisors: Hot-button Issues” - Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., July 2019
- “Benefit Plans – How to Reduce Plan Sponsor Exposure to Risk” - Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., August 2018
- "Keeping 401(k) plan fees in check without compromising quality service" - Houston Business Journal, December 2020
- “Identifying the top challenges in ERP implementation” – Houston Business Journal, June 2017
- “Audit and accounting standard updates impacting middle-market companies and others” – Houston Business Journal, January 2017
- NAAATS Conference 2016: A Bird’s Eye View – Leading Edge Magazine, Fall 2016
- “401(k) plans: Hot topics and deficiencies” – Houston Business Journal, August 31, 2015
- “Tight Deadlines and Why They Don’t Have to Be So Painful” – Leading Edge Digital Magazine, Spring 2015
- “Navigating Promotions – A Thoughtful Approach” - Leading Edge Digital Magazine, Fall 2014
- “5 less-apparent tricks to prepare for your next audit” – Leading Edge Digital Magazine, Fall 2013
What do you like best about helping clients?
Providing meaningful advice and being trusted by my clients as their financial and benefit plan advisor.
What energizes you about your job?
Helping clients identify and execute solutions and developing others through training and coaching.
Where are you from?
Greater Houston area
What do you do in your spare time?
Spend time outdoors with my husband and our triplets.
What's your favorite vacation destination?
Breckenridge, Colorado (to name one)
What’s something cool we don’t know about you?
I love grammar, writing and crafting/scrapbooking.
- Andrew Aasen, CPA
- Tom Aune, MCSE, CISA, CPA
- Chris Boatcallie, CPA, CFE, CVA
- Pete Cao, CPA
- Debra Chastain, CPA
- Jen Edmiston, CPA
- Valerie Frey, CPA
- Jen Lemanski
- Patty Lindsay, CPA, CGMA
- Jamie C. Matte, CPA
- Chad Neckar, CPA
- Eli Pando, CPA
- Kristin Ryan, CPA
- Angelica Vaquera, SHRM-SCP
- Kimberly Wood, CPA, CEPA