ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT TO NOMINATE YOUR CFO!
We all know that recognition of work well done is motivating to those who are high achievers. Do you know an outstanding chief financial officer whom you would like to recognize? Now is the time to make your official Houston Business Journal 2011 CFO of the Year nomination!
This year we have made the process even easier. All you have to do is nominate a CFO online by entering in their contact info, your contact info and a quick paragraph as to why they should be nominated. Once we receive the nomination, we will contact the nominee and get the specific details to complete their application. Then in March an independent group of judges will review all of the applications and vote on the 2011 finalists.
All CFO of the Year finalists will be celebrated at an awards luncheon on Friday, May 20, 2011 and recognized in the May 27 issue of the Houston Business Journal. The Best CFO of the Year awards includes 11 different categories:
- Emerging Public Company CFO (2010 revenue of less than $150 million)
- Mid-Cap Public Company CFO (2010 revenue between $151 million and $800 million)
- Large Public Company CFO (2010 revenue of more than $801 million)
- Emerging Private Company CFO (2010 revenue of less than $75 million)
- Mid-Cap Private Company CFO (2010 revenue between $76 million and $700 million)
- Large Private Company CFO (2010 revenue of more than $701 million)
- Large Nonprofit CFO (2010 total gross receipts of more than $5 million)
- Small Nonprofit CFO (2010 total gross receipts of less than $5 million)
- Best Growth Manager: To a CFO who developed the most creative way to diminish debt and achieve profitable growth through both organic and acquisition means.
- Best Turnaround Specialist: To a CFO who led the best effort to transition his/her company from ailing to acceptable.
- Good Samaritan: To a CFO who makes a contribution, not only to their company, but also to the community. (Includes pro bono work)
All nominations are online – click here to nominate your CFO.
THE DEADLINE for nominations is Friday, March 4, 2011!
The nomination process is quick and easy. Please take this opportunity to recognize deserving chief financial officers in their roles as corporate financial stewards with your nomination. Once you submit a nomination, you will be notified when the finalists are announced. For questions regarding the CFO of the Year awards nomination process, please contact Judy Rider at firstname.lastname@example.org.