Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) has been a relevant topic for a long time but especially in the last few years. Many companies in all industries have made strides towards a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. The Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM) is no exception, and now there’s a DEI Toolkit for accounting marketers to use as a resource guide.
AAM is committed to offering its members the most up-to-date resources. Last year, the AAM DEI Committee, which Practice Growth Senior Specialist Siri Svay serves as Co-chair and leads the DEI Training Subcommittee, developed a DEI Toolkit specifically for accounting marketers. Regardless of what stage your firm is at right now, the DEI Toolkit outlines helpful strategies to get started on creating a DEI program or re-energizing a stalled effort. It explores topics, such as building the business case for DEI, organizational structure, and the use of external resources, among others.
To officially launch the DEI Toolkit, there will be a virtual training session on Thursday, March 17, 2022, which is open to AAM members only. This training will discuss how one might use the DEI Toolkit depending on firms’ progress. The panelists will explore three possible turning points:
- Exploring – The firm in the exploring stage may or may not have leadership buy-in. Nothing formal has been completed. It could be a formal assignment or informal, but at least one person in firm leadership, HR or a marketer leads the charge to research and make recommendations.
- Launched/Launching – Your team is in the process of drafting an engagement survey or has already compiled the results. DEI training has been completed. Individual actions are not tied together, and communication has been bumpy.
- Adapting – Your firm has a plan and is progressing. Now it’s time to evaluate. Perhaps your firm has made some changes to recruiting practices or benefits packages with input from the DEI team. A cross-functional committee meets regularly to discuss developing issues.
The speakers include:
- Carol Carlile, Managing Director of Marketing and Practice Development, HCVT
- Kristen Lewis, Managing Director of Marketing, EisnerAmper
- Allie Donahue, Marketing Manager, Bennett Thrasher
For more information, visit www.connect.accountingmarketing.org.