Many of the friends of PKF Texas have asked to be informed about events we are a part of in the marketplace. I’m moderating a panel at the next HTC Educational Seminar Series on May 1st. The topic is Building and Managing Boards in Venture-Backed Start-ups. The panelists, Jeff Harder, Managing Shareholder, Winstead PC, Dan Parsley, Former CEO, AssetNation, N.J. Pierce, Principal, NJ Pierce & Associates, will be discussing the following:
- Why boards are relevant to entrepreneurs?
- Selecting and recruiting board members – when, who, what kind, how many?
- Defining roles and managing expectations – who’s in charge?
- Roles and fiduciary responsibilities of Directors
- Roles of Advisors
The networking will begin in the HTC Conference center at 7:00 am and the panel will begin at 7:30. If you have an interest in attending, please contact Sue Moore, 832-476-9280, Smoore@houstontech.org.
In more HTC news, they are gearing up for the 10th Anniversary Gala – A Celebration for Entrepreneurs. Spotlighting honoree, Robert C. McNair, Founder and CEO of the Houston Texans, as well as 60 of Houston’s landmark entrepreneurs, this year’s event will be a red carpet gala to remember. The evening will also feature the presentation of 5 special and lifetime achievement awards:
- Aerospace – Gale Burkett
- Information Technology – Rod Canion
- Life Science – Dr. Nancy Chang
- Energy – Dan Duncan
- Nanotechnology – Dr. James Tour
A limited number of individual tickets are now available. For more information about the Gala, contact Deena Carstens, 832-476-9235, firstname.lastname@example.org.