You’ve come to expect me to provide you with information about valuable marketplace events.
On May 22, 2009, the Houston Business Journal will honor the Houston area’s outstanding CFOs as corporate financial stewards with the Best CFOs of the Year Awards.
PKF Texas along with co-sponsors Insurance Alliance, Financial Executives International, and the Houston CPA Society, would like to invite you to nominate your CFO or a friend of your firm.
To nominate your own CFO or a friend of your firm, please see the criteria below, then
- Email the nominee’s name and their CEO name and contact information to LeeAnn Semmel, firstname.lastname@example.org. Or,
- Fill out the nomination form yourself on the Houston Business Journal website.
Nominations are due by Friday, March 12, 2009.
The nominee must be a chief financial officer or hold equivalent position in the greater Houston area which includes Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, Waller, Austin and San Jacinto counties.
In order to qualify, nominees should effectively show how they act as a corporate financial steward by:
- Successfully implementing a strategic innovation plan
- Achieving profitable growth
- Creating stability in the firm
- Restoring life to an ailing firm
- Identifying and managing risks
- Being a visionary leader
- Being a team player
- Focusing on the company’s strengths
- Possessing a strong philanthropic mentality