Deemed as a riveting presentation from a CFO and SEC registrant attendee, PKF Texas hosted its last Zoom webinar of the year with the SEC niche team, “What’s Next for 2021: Accounting and SEC Reporting Updates,” on December 3, 2020. Audit Director, Chip Schweiger, CPA, CGMA, moderated a panel consisting of speakers:
- Valerie Frey, CPA, Audit Senior Manager, PKF Texas
- Miriam, CPA, Audit Manager, PKF Texas
- Gray Stratton, Partner, DLA Piper LLP
The SEC and FASB have released rule changes and new guidance during the COVID-19 pandemic, amid regular updates, and each speaker discussed the activities, the impact on various entities and ultimately what 2021 looks like for companies. Some of the topics included:
- 11 Accounting Standard Updates (ASUs)
- FASB’s focus on Leases (Topic 842)
- Assistance to companies about COVID-19 related disclosures
- Game changer – Rule S-K Modernization
- Case reviews and lessons learned from SEC investigations
To watch* the full webinar, visit PKFTexas.com/120320SECWebinar.
For the latest updates related to COVID-19, visit: www.pkftexas.com/COVID-19.
For more information about how the faces of PKF Texas serve SEC clients and public companies, reach out to our team members at www.pkftexas.com/SECDesk.
*Note: viewing the recorded webinar does not make you eligible for CPE credit.