Note: Running Fridays in FromGregsHead.com, is a continuing series of tips brought to you by Greg Price. These run Saturday mornings during the BusinessMaker’s Radio Show on KPRC 950AM. Audio files can be found on the PKF Texas – Entrepreneur’s Playbook® page of the PKF Texas website.
How often does ineffective communication hamper your sales efforts? Is your sales team asking the right questions and are they listening for the answers you need to convert a prospect to a client?
The consulting arm of Franklin Covey offers six tips to build this skill with your sales team:
1. Set expectations, ask permission to ask questions
2. Make sure there is enough time for the conversation and that the timing is right
3. Ask one question at a time and wait for the answer
4. Acknowledge their response, then ask your next question
5. Be cautious of leading questions, those designed to get agreement, not information or understanding
6. Ask “how” or “what” rather than “why”
The proper training is necessary to see results, but these tips can be a starting point for your sales team. When you are armed with the information you need, converting prospects to clients should be a smooth process.