Note: Running Fridays in FromGregsHead.com, is a continuing series of tips brought to you by Greg Price. These run Saturday mornings during the BusinessMaker’s Radio Show on KPRC 950AM. Audio files can be found on the PKF Texas – Entrepreneur’s Playbook® page of the PKF Texas website.
Unless you haven’t been on the planet the past few months, you probably have already heard about Software as a Service (SaaS). We offer SaaS services to our customers with Dynamics NAV and I thought I would take a moment to talk about some of the benefits of SaaS.
SaaS is a new fast growing market leveraging, multi-tenant business model which is an alternative to buying software. SaaS can cut dependency of software and provide a 3x to 5x cost advantage.
So, our advantages include:
1. One-time costs are much lower.
2. Avoids infrastructure, and supporting IT costs.
3. Speed of adoption and simplicity.
4. Enhanced security, with SAS 70 compliant Data Centers.
5. Access to regular updates.
6. Improved Scalability.
7. Quick one time evaluations provide for easier review of the model.
SaaS can be the answer to many emerging market and start-up organizations with an ERP business application that becomes the one-time, set and forget application.