According to a study conducted by the Association of Fraud Examiners (ACFE), fraud costs organizations about 5% of their annual revenues. For this year’s International Fraud Awareness Week, the Houston Chapter of the ACFE has lined up activities for friends, family and colleagues to join and participate in from November 15 – November 21 to raise awareness to fraud.
The Houston Chapter of ACFE has shared the daily International Fraud Awareness Week activities, which include:
- “Sunday, November 15, 2021 – Sign up to be a supporter!
- Sign up to be a supporter at www.fraudweek.com or by accessing the Fraud Week Supporter Form.
- Monday, November 16, 2020 – How well do you know your fraud facts?
- Test your fraud knowledge by taking the fraud quiz posted by fraudweek.com: https://www.fraudweek.com/fraudweek/2020-trivia-quiz.
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020 – Have you assessed your business fraud risks?
- Assess your business/work processes to determine your risk to fraud. Click here https://www.fraudweek.com/fraudweek/resources to use the checklist under “guides” to assess the effectiveness of your fraud measures today.
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020 – Social Media Engagement Day
- Bring awareness to Fraud Week by posting the official fraud week supporter badge to show your support for fraud week and be sure to add our hash tag to your post (#ACFE-HoustonFraudWeek).
- Thursday, November 19, 2020 – It’s a Fraud Week Jeo-party!
- Gather your family, coworker or a small group of friends for a Jeopardy-like experience with the Fraud Week Jeo-party!
- Friday, November 20, 2020 – Fraud Education Day!
- Reach out to someone to educate them about fraud. Need help on getting started? Visit the fraud week website for lots of Fraud Resources including videos, posters, articles and handouts.”
PKF Texas is a strong supporter of anti-fraud efforts and education and continues to work in the fraud and forensics sector. Meet the faces of the Forensic and Valuation Services, who can co-create and co-develop solutions with you:
- Director Danielle Supkis Cheek, CPA, CFE, CVA
- Senior Manager, Nicole Riley, CPA, CFE
- Manager, Chris Boatcallie, CPA, CFE, CVA
To learn more about our services, visit www.pkftexas.com/Forensics.