Nicole Riley, CPA, CFE
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
A Houston-based firm of CPAs and professional advisors co-developing solutions with our clients at every stage of the business life cycle.
Nicole has over 10 years of experience performing financial statement audits and providing consultation to her clients. She works closely with privately held businesses in a variety of industries, including health care, energy services, manufacturing and distributing, and professional services firms. Additionally, she has experience in internal controls, fraud prevention and potential theft assessment.
Nicole provides audit and financial reporting services to international clients, clients with multiple U.S. and foreign subsidiaries, as well as not-for-profit organizations and trade associations. Her experience also includes performing compliance audits under Government Auditing Standards and Uniform Guidance.
- Energy Services
- Professional Services
- Broker-Dealer and Investment Advisory
- Health Care
CPA, Certified Public Accountant
CFE, Certified Fraud Examiner
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
Director, 2021 - Present
Senior Manager, 2016 - 2020
Manager, 2014 - 2016
Anders Minkler Huber & Helm LLP, St. Louis, MO
Rockford College – Rockford, IL
Bachelor of Science - Accounting and Business Administration, 2006
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Women’s Finance Association
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Houston Area Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- "Under new FASB guidelines do nonprofits receive contributions from governments?" - Houston Business Journal, April 2019
- “Keeping Your Not-for-Profit Off the Front Page” – Leading Edge Digital Magazine, Spring 2017
- “Major Changes Coming for Not-for-Profit Financial Statements” – Houston Business Journal, October 2017
- “Common Issues in Fundraising Events” – Houston Business Journal, May 2017
- “5 Practices Boards for Not-for-Profits Should Follow” – Houston Business Journal, April 2017
- “5 things to consider under the new lease accounting standards” – Houston Business Journal, May 2016
- “Form 990 for Tax-Exempt Organizations: Common Pitfalls” – Leading Edge Digital Magazine, Winter 2016
- "Can You Weather the Storm? Tips on Budgeting, KPIs, and Reviewing Financial Statements" - Texas Historical Commission, December 2020
- "Data Visualization: Using Graphics to Tell Your Story" - United Way, November 2020
- "Forging Ahead: Planning for Your Fundraising and Investing in 2021" Zoom Webinar - Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., November 2020
- "Fraud Happens! Insights for CFOs and Controllers" - TXCPA Houston CFO/Controllers Conference, September 2020
- "Adapting to New Daily Challenges Facing Not-for-Profits" Zoom Webinar - Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., August 2020
- "Reading and Understanding Not-for-Profit Financial Statements" - TXCPA Houston Spring Accounting Expo, May 2020
- "2019 Accounting Updates and Changes for Not-for-Profits" - Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., August 2019
- "Fraud Happens" - United Way, May 2019
- "Fraud Happens! Insights for Not-for-Profits" - Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., August 2018
- “Fraud Happens” – Women’s President’s Organization, Fall 2017
- “Not-for-Profit GAAP Update” – Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Spring 2017
- Role Model, "Women in the Fast Lane" Luncheon - Greater Houston Women's Chamber of Commerce, September 2020
The CPA Desk Blog:
- “Analyzing Financial Statements – Going Beyond Net Income”
- “Do I Need An Audit?”
Grey Matter Blog:
- “Should Broker-Dealers be Fiduciaries?”
- “Significant Changes to Audits of Broker-Dealers are Here”
NAEDA Equipment Dealer magazine:
- “The Importance of Analyzing Your Balance Sheet
What do you like best about helping clients?
I enjoy being able to watch my clients grow and succeed over time and help them reach new levels.
What energizes you about your job?
I love that I get to meet new people and develop new relationships all the time and get to see the insides of multiple clients and industries on a weekly basis.
What energizes you about working at PKF Texas?
Being part of a great team that cares about their clients and staff.
Where are you from?
Spirit Lake, Iowa
What's your favorite season?
Fall in Houston - nothing beats the crisp, 50-degree evenings and beautiful 75-degree days.
Do you own any pets?
One chocolate lab named Boozer.
What’s something cool we don’t know about you?
I lived in London for a semester during college and traveled every weekend around Europe.
- Brian Baumler, CPA
- Rafael Carsalade, CPA
- Chris Dodd, CPA
- Martin Euson, JD
- Sonia Freeman, CPA, CGMA
- Matthew Goldston, CPA, CM&AA, CVA, CEPA
- Annabella Green, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, PAFM
- Kenneth Guidry, CPA
- Chris Hatten, CPA, CM&AA, CVA
- Byron Hebert, CPA, CTP
- Nikki Homratsamy, CPA
- Ryan Istre, CPA
- Frank Landreneau, CPA
- Marty Lindle, CPA
- Sam Razmandi, CPA
- Nicole Riley, CPA, CFE
- Chip Schweiger, CPA, CGMA
- Emily Smikal, CPA
- Jim Streets, CPA
- Danielle Supkis Cheek, CPA, CFE, CVA
- Michael Veuleman, CPA
- Gary Voth, CPA, JD
- J. Del Walker, CPA