Nikki Homratsamy, CPA
CO-CREATE | CO-DEVELOP | DELIVER
A Houston-based firm of CPAs and professional advisors co-developing solutions with our clients at every stage of the business life cycle.
Nikki is a Director in the Tax department. She has over 17 years of experience serving clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing and distribution, oilfield services and technology.
Nikki has spent the majority of her career serving clients in the middle market, including a number of closely held and publicly traded companies that are U.S. subsidiaries of foreign parent companies and U.S. companies with a global presence. She also has experience working with companies with international tax compliance issues, such as foreign bank account reporting, foreign subsidiary and disregarded entity reporting and many other emerging international tax compliance matters.
She has extensive experience working with large oilfield services companies on loan staff arrangements related to international tax compliance. Additionally, she has a background in income tax provision preparation and review, as well as tax compliance for companies winding down after a bankruptcy.
- Import and Export Assistance
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Transportation and Logistics
- Private Equity
- Energy and Oilfield Services
- Biotechnology/Life Sciences
CPA, Certified Public Accountant
Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., Houston, TX
Director, 2018 - Present
Tax Senior Manager, 2013 – 2017
Tax Manager, 2010 - 2013
Grant Thornton LLP, Houston, TX
Tax Manager, 2008 – 2010
Tax Senior Associate, 2002 – 2008
Tax Associate, 2000 - 2002
Mir, Fox, and Rodriguez, Houston, TX
Intern, 1998 –1999
Texas American Resources Company, Houston, TX
Intern, Accounts Payable, 1996 – 1998
University of Houston-Downtown, Houston, TX
Bachelor of Science - Accountancy, 1994 – 1999
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Houston Area Women’s Center
- Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- PKF Texas Staff Advisory Committee
- PKF Texas Income Tax Provision (ASC 740) Coordinator
- Tax department coaching and mentoring coordinator
- Tax department leadership and technical training coordinator
- "Tax Reform and Tools" - Ellevate Network, 2018
- "Tax Reform and Business Entities" - Forum Group Lunch, 2018
- "What CEOs Need to Know About the New Tax Reform" - BioHouston Texas Life Science CEO Summit, 2018
- "Federal Tax Reform Act Update" - The Noble Group, 2018
- "Federal Tax Reform Act Update" - Pannell Kerr Forster of Texas, P.C., February 2018
- Article feature, Role Model for Greater Houston Women's Chamber of Commerce STEAM Luncheon - Houston Chronicle, 2018
Why did you choose to be a CPA and/or advisor?
I wanted to be a trusted business advisor so that I can assist clients, friends and family on how to minimize and/or defer income taxes through tax planning and strategies.
What do you like best about helping clients?
I love it when my clients appreciate all that I do for them and see the value that I bring to the table. It puts a smile on my face when my clients come to me first and recognize me as a trusted business advisor.
What energizes you about your job?
Working and growing with sophisticated clients who have an entrepreneurial spirit. Leading and developing my team to become not only trusted tax and business advisors but leaders within the community.
What energizes you about working at PKF Texas?
Working with talented thought leaders who appreciate all that I do and allow me to create a path for myself.
Why are you passionate about serving this niche?
I enjoy finding ways to help my clients save money.
Where are you from?
What do you do in your spare time?
Dance (salsa and bachata), travel, leisure reading - activities that will enrich my mind and spirit. Spend time with family and friends.
What's your favorite season?
Spring and Fall
What's your favorite sport to follow?
Basketball...My favorite team is the Houston Rockets.
Do you own any pets?
Blue, red, purple
What kind of music do you like?
Variety, it depends on my mood...country, R&B, Latin, pop, rock, jazz, oldies, top 40
What is your favorite book/author? Or What are you reading right now?
The Kitchen God's Wife by Amy Tan
What's your favorite vacation destination?
I have so many. Australia, Costa Rica, Vancouver, Italy
Who was/is the most influential person in your life?
What is your most-prized possession?
What’s something cool we don’t know about you?
I was on a Bachata dance team. Being on the team helped me grow by challenging me physically, mentally and emotionally. It was also a great way to release stress.
- Brian Baumler, CPA
- Rafael Carsalade, CPA
- Chris Dodd, CPA
- Martin Euson, JD
- Sonia Freeman, CPA, CGMA
- Matthew Goldston, CPA, CM&AA, CVA, CEPA
- Annabella Green, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, PAFM
- Kenneth Guidry, CPA
- Chris Hatten, CPA, CM&AA, CVA
- Byron Hebert, CPA, CTP
- Nikki Homratsamy, CPA
- Ryan Istre, CPA
- Frank Landreneau, CPA
- Marty Lindle, CPA, CGMA
- Sam Razmandi, CPA
- Nicole Riley, CPA, CFE
- Emily Smikal, CPA
- Jim Streets, CPA
- Michael Veuleman, CPA
- Gary Voth, CPA, JD
- J. Del Walker, CPA